"Whilst school may be physically closed to most students at this unprecedented time, we want to assure you that we are all working hard behind the scenes to support you and your families."
Headteacher, Ysgol Eirias
* School is open to children of key workers daily – please use the dedicated application form if you would like to book in with us;
* Free School Meals are available Monday to Friday to those eligible;
* A team of staff are also in school every day and are available to help;
* Keeping in touch with families and students – we are making calls home where possible and staying in contact with students via e mail, the website and Hwb;
* Creating resources and activities – all staff are engaged in updating the work available on Work Zone – please contact individual staff if you have queries about the work.
* Call school in working hours to speak to one of team with any queries or concerns;
* Request that a member of staff contacts you by phoning school and leaving an e mail contact;
* Emailing relevant staff with specific subject queries;
* Emailing Heads of Learning or form tutors if your requests are not linked to specific subjects;
Please avoid using social media to contact us – Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram are mainly used for announcements and celebrations.
I am sure that by now you have settled into some form of routine. We are here to offer specific support if you are struggling to plan your day – please contact your Head of Learning who can guide you through a more specific routine. As a guide, we would suggest that you include the following activities:
Please remember that you are not trying to replicate school and parents are not expected to be taking the place of teachers – it is more important to be healthy: physically, emotionally and mentally.
* Balance your day with different activities;
* Include essential skills like reading and maths;
* Take exercise every day;
* Include relaxation in your routine;
* Enjoy learning!
* Sit at a computer screen for extended periods of time;
* Have unrealistic expectations of what you can achieve;
* Try to replicate the school day – it is not possible or appropriate;
* Neglect your mental wellbeing – these are difficult times – everyone needs to adjust to a new routine and everyone is finding it hard.