Ysgol Eirias' Environment Team champion the improvement of student facilities – school environment, yard, classrooms, corridors, toilets, canteen, gardens and many more.
Students in this team have an interest in helping the school be a pleasant place to be, develop and learn. The team seek to build good relationships with teachers, the school business manager, canteen manager and caretakers. The team also deal with the schools ECO environment, liaising with the E.C.O. to do what is best for the children and staff of Ysgol Eirias.
We are very pleased with how this year has gone, especially with the disruption to the school year for staff and students. Despite this, we have achieved a number of successes, including...
• Free plastic cups replaced with paper cups in the canteen.
• Decreased amounts of plastic bottled drinks and an increase of cans and Tetra Packs in the canteen.
• New recycling posters.
• Ecosia unblocked and added to the school intranet.
• New logos for The Environment Team, The Engagement Team, The Learning Team, The Publicity Team and YANA.
• Litter picking initiative.
• Gender neutral toilets.
• Ensuring Year 12 received Music and Sports ties.
• Publicising sanitising methods.
• Publicising WIFI issue help.
• Organisation of recycling bins.
• Promotion of Tree App.
• Recycling and canteen survey to collect information.